Because of the pressing need for relief efforts after Hurricane Florence, we have expanded to Adopt-The-Coast!
Our usual Adopt-A-Block schedule of every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month is still active, but we are needing an additional team of volunteers to help distribute supplies and aide in massive clean up efforts at different locations along the coast. The Adopt-The-Coast effort will be for every Saturday of the month (Sept. 29, Oct. 6, Oct. 13, Oct. 20, Oct. 27).
*** An additional coastal relief team will be going on Monday, October 8th as part of the outreach efforts of other Triangle area churches. You can sign up for any of these coastal outreaches below!
Here is the information:
- All volunteers will meet each Saturday at 8 AM at the Raleigh Dream Center warehouse (2660 Yonkers Rd., Raleigh) to load the supplies into Dream Center vehicles./vc_row]
- Volunteers will then leave in their personal vehicles around 9 AM./vc_row]
- Everyone will meet at 12 PM at Global River Church (4702 S. College Rd., Wilmington) to distribute the supplies and then we will be assigned locations for clean up work. Projects are ongoing and volunteers are free to leave whenever, but please be back on the road before sunset.
- Supplies Needed (updated 10/1/18):
- Bug Spray
- Hand Sanitizer
- Work Gloves
- Trash Bags
- Paper Towels / Toilet Paper
- Cleaning Products!!! (including Shock Wave that kills mold)
- Water Bottles
- Shelf-Life Food (canned goods, boxed dinners, snacks, etc.)
- Diapers/wipes/baby food & formula
- Extra yard tools for cleaning/vc_row]
- Donating Supplies: You can drop off supplies at our warehouse M-F from 9am-5pm at 2660 Yonkers Rd., Raleigh. If you are coming to the Adopt-The Coast outreach on Saturdays, please bring any supply donations with you to the warehouse at 8 AM to load onto the trucks. Any supplies you are able to bring are a HUGE blessing!/vc_row]
- Yard Tools: Please bring your own tools that you will use such as rakes, brooms, mops, work gloves, chainsaws, flat-head shovels, trash bags, etc. for yard clean up (these tools will go back home with you)./vc_row]
- Children: Children are welcome to serve but will be under your supervision. Raleigh Dream Center and Global River Church are not responsible for your children./vc_row]
- Meals: Please bring or pick up your own lunch.