Hours Estimated: Part Time of roughly 20 – 25 hours per week
Summary: Oversee and manage the overall operations of RDC Adopt-A-Block Outreach Program. The Adopt-A-Block Coordinator reports directly to the Operations Director.
Communications and Reporting:
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to make sure each volunteer leadership position is filled for each AAB site (Driver, Site Leaders, Lead Volunteers).
- Send out quarterly email to these AAB volunteer leaders with 1) AAB schedule for quarter 2) special events details for quarter, 3) updates/announcements and 4) potential quarterly leader meeting date.
- Send out bi-monthly reminder email for all volunteers through SalesForce (automatic).
- Make sure that all volunteers are checking in with Salesforce at each AAB.
- Make sure AAB volunteer leaders are filling out the survey reports for you.
- Print up anything materials needed for AAB (door hangers, flyers, etc.)
- Address any AAB issues and collaborates with Operations Director for solutions.
- Maintain an accurate reports of all AAB statistics on the Google Drive and provide a monthly executive report from your statistics.
Food Prep/Clean Up:
- Work with Warehouse Manager and Operations Director on assigning how much food goes to each site.
- Manage and lead the volunteers for Friday AAB Prep Day prior to the Saturday AAB.
- Oversee the AAB Saturday’s Morning Prep / After Clean Up.
- Oversee and place orders for AAB supplies as needed.
- Communicates with a Fleet Coordinator / Operations Director about our fleet (maintenance, gassed up, sorted and cleaned).
AAB Special Events:
- Help plan out and implement yearly calendar events (April’s Community Baby Shower, Back2School Bash backpacks, Christmas AAB, etc.)
- Communicate details for special events to the Administration Director or Marketing Coordinator so they can advertise through the newsletter/social media.
AAB Resident Care
- Keep a pulse on the needs of community and effectiveness of the AAB program. Make relationships with any Community Managers and regularly communicate with them.
- Attend staff outings, events and training as requested.
- Be available to share personal gifts and talents in all areas of the ministry as needed by staff and team.
- Assist any staff with tasks as needed that are not unethical or unbiblical, with a servant’s heart and an attitude that promotes unity.
- Familiarity with our Adopt-A-Block outreach. Previous volunteering a plus.
- Previous experience with leading teams of people.
- Must be able to lift boxes of food and general lifting associated with prepping and clean up.
- Great organizational skills, but also loves exploring, learning and using new technologies in their work.
- Excellent communication skills for volunteers as well as relaying important information to staff.
- Effective computer skills with the ability to learn new software and systems quickly. Prior experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Outgoing, extroverted and optimistic personality. “Find A Need And Fill It” mentality.
- Comfortable with praying for our volunteers as you care for them and equipping them in their mission through RDC.
Compensation: Hourly wage negotiable based on previous experience and qualification.