Adopt-A-Block Volunteer Leader
Adopt-A-Block Overview: This is Raleigh Dream Center’s primary way of changing the atmosphere and building transformational relationships by being present in local neighborhoods. The strength of Adopt-A-Block is its ability to build strong, lasting relationships within the community that will allow us to speak into someone’s potential and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Every 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, we knock on doors, provide groceries for households, pick up trash, play with children, and have intentional Gospel conversations. Our Adopt-A-Block program provides over 10,000 pounds of groceries each month at no cost to under-resourced communities.
Leader Positions per Each AAB Location:
- Site Leader – The main person in charge of taking care of the volunteers and the residents in that particular community. Can minister to the needs of the residents and mobilize and encourage volunteers.
- Assistant Site Leader – Assists the Site Leader in whatever tasks needed that day.
- Driver – Drives the vehicle with AAB food and supplies from and back to RDC.
- Food Line Leader – Leads the food line for residents and volunteers who help.
- KidzJam Leader – Leads the bible lessons and games prepared for community children.
- Prayer Team Leader – Provides prayer at the end of the food line for residents and incorporates volunteers. Understands how to share the gospel effectively.
- Door Knocking Leader – Comfortable with leading the door knocking volunteers throughout the community to invite residents out to AAB or to pray for residents.
- Washington Terrace Apartments at 1951 Booker Dr, Raleigh
- McMakin at 804 McMakin St, Raleigh
- Casa de Luna Apartments at 3819 Bonneville Ct, Raleigh
- The Oaks Apartments at 544 Lipscomb Ct, Raleigh
- Willow Creek Apartments at 6615 The Lakes Dr, Raleigh
- Stonecrest Apartments at 3982 Hare Snipe Ct, Raleigh
- New Hope Village 1 at 217 N. Allen St, Wake Forest
- New Hope Village 2 at the corner of N. Taylor St & E Cedar Ave, Wake Forest
- Raleigh Dream Center HUB drive-thru at 4301 Louisburg Rd, Raleigh (not a community)
- Serve at your community of choice every 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month (23 scheduled a year) from 10-12. Coming early and staying later if necessary.
- If not able to serve for particular dates, let the Adopt-A-Block Coordinator know and provide a potential replacement for your position.
- Attend a twice-a-year Adopt-A-Block Leaders Meeting to receive specific training and encouragement from staff.
All training is provided by our Adopt-A-Block Coordinator.
Are you interested in being a part of our “Dream Team” of volunteer leaders?
No need to apply here. Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org