Driver / Outreach Support
Estimated Hours: Part Time of 20-25 hours a week
Assists all Coordinators in maintaining an effective and organized system of ministry and outreach.
- Drive RDC’s vehicles on daily routes to pick up food and either bring back to warehouse or deliver directly to local communities for outreach.
- Participate in outreach support and food distribution in communities for weekday Mobile Food Pantry.
- Maintain an orderly fleet (report issues, keep vehicles gassed up, turn in receipts, keep clean, etc.)
- Assist Warehouse Coordinator in maintaining an orderly warehouse through organization and procedures.
- Log any food drives or In-Kind donations and send to Operations Director.
- Attend staff outings, events and training as requested.
- Be available to share personal gifts and talents in all areas of the ministry as needed by staff and team.
- Assist any staff with tasks as needed with a servant’s heart and an attitude that promotes unity.
- Be able to represent who RDC is in the local communities by understanding the mission and being aware of the various programs RDC offers to care for residents.
- Familiarity with RDC outreaches. Past volunteering a plus.
- A passion for serving and ministering to residents in local under-resourced communities.
- Experience in driving large box trucks and freightliners. CDL license a plus.
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes of food daily with ease.
- Great communication skills.
- Efficient with computers and work platforms. Knowledge of Salesforce, Asana, Slack, Google Drive and plus.
- Leader who can encourage and inspire the staff and volunteers to fulfill what God has called them to do in and through this ministry.
- Optimistic and energetic. “Find A Need And Fill It” mentality.
Compensation: Hourly wage negotiable based on previous experience and qualification.